Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bad Day For Sports

As you can see it was not the best day for sports. Atleast not last night in the state of Utah. Not too long after I had posted my last blog from yesterday, I received an instant message on Facebook. It was Ashley Ezzell, who I went to school with. She asked me if I wanted to go to the Jazz game with her because the someone else she was going to take wanted to stay home and watch the Fiesta Bowl with Boise State and TCU. So I figured I could miss watching a football game and actually go to a Jazz game with a girl. Who wouldn't?

About an hour or so after talking to her I got myself up and got ready. The day before I found out my battery was dead on my car so I walked outside and just tried to see if it'd start. Being who I am and having absolutley NO luck at all it didnt start. So I called my sister, Paige, to come to my house and pick me up or try to jump start my car. When she got there we tried to jump it. After about shocking myself back to 1986, we figured it just wasn't going to work. So Paige drove me home while making a emergency pit stop to Wendy's. WHen we got home I waited for my mom who's car I was going to take down to Salt Lake. It was almost 6:00 and I was suppose to be meeting Ashley there at 6:30. We were meeting in front of the Victoria's Secret store at the Gateway Mall. It's one of the few places both of us knew how to get to. So I ended up taking Paige's car down to Salt Lake and I was right on schedule to get there at 6:30. After getting to the Gateway and parking in my usual parking spot behind the mall in the land of the bums, I just waited for Ashley to get there.

I waited about 5 minutes before she got there and we both walked to the Arena. The Jazz were playing the New Orleans Hornets so it should be an easy game, right? Chris Paul (CP3) vs. Daron Williams (D-Will) the 2 best point guards in the league. It should be good. We go to our seats which were upper deck, row 3. Not bad at all except for the crazy 13 year old girl behind us who thought it would have been a genius idea to let her coach the team. Then there was the guy a few rows back who almost every 5 minutes would yell "Posey", the name of a Hornets player. The old lady sitting next to me was quite entertaining too.

The Jazz were tearing it up just as we thought they would do at their won home court. The second half was all down hill. The Hornets tore the Jazz apart like a bunch of Ethipoian cannibals. The Jazz ended up losing 91-87. It was the first Jazz game I've seen all year where they lost. After the game, Ashley and I walked out to the car and sat there for about 30 minutes just talking. Talked a lot about high school and people we knew. She kept checking her phone for me to see who was winning during the Boise State-TCU game. At the end of the night, TCU lost to Boise 10-17. I wanted TCU because obviously it's in Fort Worth where I served my mission AND in the Mountain West Conference with Utah and BYU. So both my teams let me down and it just kinda sucked.

AFter all that, I came home to drop Paige's car off. She needed it for school so I had to leave it there. My car was still at my house though. I drove her car back to my place, picked my computer up and a movie, then drove back home. I stayed the night in Kasey's old room which is now become a "guest bedroom". Our family is moving on up! I talked to a few people on facebook and then watched Meet The Parents before falling asleep. That was the extent of the day. Not too exciting, but I'll try to make my life more exciting so people will have a reason to read this and be entertained.

2 comments: