Sorry I skipped this past week on writing on this. I wanted to have a New Years Resolution of writing one of these things as much as I could. I skipped a whole week and to be honest, I wasn't too busy so I have no excuse! So I'll let ya know a little about what went on since my last post.
So we had our first Church Ball game last thursday. It's basically what me and Richard look forward to all year once it ends the year before. It's just our Stake so we've made a pretty good habit of beating the crap outta everybody in the Stake and then moving on to Region. Well our first game was against the Hobbs Creek Ward. I don't know anybody in that ward. All I know is that they're on the other side of the highway and those teams usually don't do too well....at all. They had their players show up and they were pretty young. I thought it might be a little bit of a game, but we still had my brothers Kasey and Kevin on our team. If a foreign man came to watch one of our game and was told those 2 were LeBron James and Kobe Bryant he'd believe it. It's basically those 2 and the other random 3 guys on the court that makes us win. Anyways...We started our game with our usual Laker-like cockiness. The game went back and forth, but we didnt worry too much since Kasey was on the bench and once he went in we'd be pulling away for good. The game was so close the whole time that even with Kasey in we couldn't shut them off totally. To make a long story short, We lost 76-72. Nothing like losing in church ball after thinking you're going to stomp the whole Stake into the ground. So that made me and Richard even MORE stoked for the next game.
Well on Saturday my car started acting like a retard again. I brought it home to my Dad (aka Mr. I'll guess my way though this) so I figured we'd get it figured out. We knew I had a dead battery so we went to Checker Auto to get a new one. After hooking it up the lady said that we should bring my alternator in so she could test it. So Dr. Frankenstine and I went to work on my car. I can tell ya'll now that if I ever meet some tiny little asian who works for Hyundai I'll be knocking their head right their shoulders. Morons didn't really think of a way to get to stuff under the hood. If you put 2 people who have as small fuses as my dad and I have then you're not going to have a big problem. Laughing one minute then saying how bad you want to kill somebody the next.
I honestly think it was pretty funny looking back on it. My neighbor even came over cause he was worried somebody was being tortured in our garage. So after finally googling how to get and alternator out of an Elantra, we got it out and took it to get tested. After the lady at Checker tested it, I about had steam coming from my ears when she told me nothing was wrong with it. 2 hours of being pissed off all for nothing. So we went home and put it in and figured screw trying anything else that day. If it runs then we'll leave it alone!
So now I'll skip to this passed thursday. It was the day of our 2nd church ball game and we were NOT losing this time. For all of you who don't understand how church basketball can get, keep reading and I hope I can make you see the light. Richard and I were all ready for our game and were making sure our 2 all stars were going to be there too. We got to our game and got ready and as we saw the other team show up we realized that these guys were young and athletic too. They were the 28th Ward who's ALSO on the other side of the highway. Im starting to think that doesn't mean anything anymore. Oh, how times have changed! So the game went on and it was basically the same as our last game going back and forth. We actually held the lead most of this game.
I believe the most entertaining part of the game was when somebody from the other team shot a 3 pointer and I went up to him and pushed his stomach with my fingers. Nothing hard, but just enough to make him feel uncomfortable and get distracted too. He missed the shot, but not because of anything I did. He sure didnt like what I did though. He started talking crap to me as we both jogged down the court. I just stared at him and acting like I didnt know what he was talking about. He finally had enough and just said "dude, you're a dick!" I was laughing so much inside that he said that during a church game and said it to me for not even doing anything bad to him. The team subbed him out and he was talking the whole time. Kasey was like "Hey, It's church ball". Through this whole thing I didnt say a word. I could have and kinda wish I would have, but oh well. We wont the game 59-54 so I think that said enough to him. He said I was a "class act" after the game then came over and said he was sorry and that he's just too competitive. Didn't really help his point, but oh well. So we redeemed ourselves by winning and don't plan on losing again. We came home in time to watch the last 3 quarters of the Jazz game. They were playing the REAL LeBron and the Cavs. We knew it was going to be a loss, but it's always fun to see how close they can get. The Jazz surprised everybody by pulling ahead in the 4th until LeBron just about shattered the entire state of Utah's dreams of beating Shaq and Lebron. Well, luckily with 5 seconds left the Jazz had the ball being down by only 2. They threw the in bounds pass and got it to the rookie, Sundiada Gaines who shot a 3 pointer as time ran out. It went in and The Jazz won. More proof that the Jazz CAN beat anybody, but they just like to make us mad by losing to the horrible teams of the league. So that night was awesome with basketball.
It's actually Friday right now and I just got back from Shirlock Holmes. That movie made my brain hurt cause I couldn't follow it. I also watched the Atlanta Hawks beat the Phoenix Suns with a game winning 3 pointer. Loser just wanted to be like the Jazz. Nice shot though. So I'll try to keep this more updated and I'll see if anything else fun comes up. Like another church game...
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Again...very entertaining!!!
ReplyDelete